Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Very Serious Post

I was at a very different and memorable place when this sheep was purchased. He reminded me of the ram caught in the thicket. A substitution sent by God, to Abraham, to become the blood sacrifice, instead of Isaac, Abraham's son.

It was October 8, 2000 and I had decided to celebrate my birthday in a way that would make me cherish life: grateful for the one Handcrafted just for me. I went to the Dallas Holocaust Museum and took the headset tour. I stood in a boxcar, the cattle car that was actually used to rail people to their deaths. Death sentences meted out, simply because of their belief. Six million Jews and another four million so-called 'human misfits', were slaughtered by evil men. And by good men who chose to do nothing to stop it. Remember. Always remember.

November 9, 2006 marks the 68th Anniversary of Kristallnacht (The Night of Broken Glass). Nazis, along with Hitler's Youth and the SS, destroyed Jewish owned businesses, synagogues and murdered 91 Jews. Some 25,000 men were rounded up and later sent to concentration camps. The brutality lasted into the next day and launched the war of hate on the Jews of Germany.

No comments: